Zoe Bee's Top 10 Skin Tips
I recently wrote a post that I really didn't realise was going to get so much feedback. When I started my Facebook page years ago, I actually used to write tips like this all the time. Thankfully, now that I have more time to write, I can share my little gems with you. Have a read of my top ten skin tips and feel free to drop my team a message if you have any questions.
Lots of Love,
My Top 10 Skin Tips:
(1) Sunscreen goes on your lips too. It’s still skin. It still needs protecting.
(2) Never store your skincare by a window. UV rays/heat can destabilise certain formulations and your products may degrade quicker, rendering them ineffective often times before their expiration.
(3) Blackheads? Try the Indian Aztec Healing Clay or Salicylic acid. A great brand I love for salicylic acid is Paula's Choice.
(4) If you wake up every morning and it feels like you put on no moisturizer on your skin the previous night, you need to get a humidifier ASAP (any is fine, doesn’t have to be fancy). Your skin is dehydrated and your barrier may be compromised because the air around you is so dry.
(5) I no longer regularly use deodorant. I use my chemical exfoliants. My armpits literally smell like *nothing* constantly because lactic acid is antibacterial . What makes sweat smell is bacteria. Also my armpit hyperpigmentation is nearly gone. Paula’s Choice 2% BHA is my favourite.
(6) Ice globes are perfect for acne swellings. Think about it, if you have a swollen ankle, ice helps so much to bring the swelling down. Also, use cold water to wash your face.
(7) Don’t air-dry your face, or dry with a towel. Apply product to damp skin to lock in moisture.
(8) For baby soft feet, thoroughly clean and apply The Ordinary 10% Lactic Acid Serum to damp skin. Apply the Charcoal and Oat Cream. Wear thick socks. Wake up with baby soft feet.
(9) If skincare doesn’t work for your face, use it on your body.
(10) Apply an oil to your skin straight from the shower. And then apply a thick moisturiser afterwards. My favourite is the Charcoal and Oat Cream, perfect for dry, eczema-prone skin.